3 Yoga Poses to Balance Your Chakras
More often than not, our bodies are trying to tell us something is wrong through a signal radiating from a completely different place. This is where balancing your chakras can come into play. For those of you who aren’t quite sure what a chakra is, read first about what they are and how they work before learning how to balance your chakras through this current post.
How Do You Know If Your Chakras are Unbalanced?
When your chakras are out of balance, your energy isn’t able to flow through your body freely. You may have blocks in certain areas and chakras that cause nasty symptoms. For example, that when you have a foggy brain, it could be a signal for bad digestion. Another example is the combination of anxiety and rapid heart rate, dull complexion, and cold hands and feet; all could be signifying poor circulation in your body.
When this happens, yogi bears, you need to align your mind and body to work together and help one another achieve balance.
Balancing your Chakras
When your chakras are balanced, it is reflected in other areas in life. You will notice balance in your daily routine, a positive mindset towards tasks, resulting in productivity. Each chakra has its own important role in your body and life, which is why one block can affect multiple different factors. Find out more about how to balance your Chakras here.
An easy way to feel connected with yourself and your surroundings, and restore balance to your Chakras, is through yoga. Yoga promotes relaxation of your mind and body, allowing energy to flow throughout your body freely. Not only this, but you will also be able to make the most of the additional benefits of yoga, including an increase in flexibility and the fact that it helps with injury prevention.
3 Yoga Poses to Balance Your Chakras
If you’ve never tried yoga before, start by doing a few easy poses each day just to clear your mind and to add some movement into your day. Focus on your breathing and connecting with your body as you move slowly into each pose.
Try out these three poses to incorporate healing into your daily routine and help balance your chakras!
Mountain Pose (Root Chakra)
- This pose is the base for your whole yoga routine. Start by standing with your feet slightly apart.
- Roll your shoulders back, with your arms by your side, and relax.
- Keep your core tense as you raise your head and lookup.
- Inhale as you bring your hands to in front of your chest, joining the palms as you do so.
- Lengthen your spine and engage your leg muscles, exhaling at the same time.
- Hold this pose for as long as you like, remembering to inhale and exhale deeply.
Goddess Pose (Sacral Chakra)
- From Mountain Pose, take one step to the side with one leg to widen your stance. The total distance between your feet should be about 3 feet (so quite wide!).
- Keeping your toes out at 45 degrees, bend your knees, ensuring they do not cave inwards. Your knees should line up above your toes, and your thighs parallel with the ground (similar to a wide stance squat).
- Engage your core, lift your chest up and out while tucking in your tailbone, and keeping your shoulder blades back.
- Finally, bring your palms together in front of your chest, inhaling and exhaling as you do so.
- Hold this position for about 3-5 breaths. Or for as long as it is comfortable.
East Pose (Third Eye Chakra)
- Start by sitting on the floor or a mat.
- Keeping your knees wide, cross your legs, and place each foot under the opposite knee.
- Bring your hands to your knees and have your palms facing downwards as you roll your shoulders back and keep your chest lifted.
- Look straight ahead, or close your eyes, as you breathe slowly and deeply, connecting with your mind and body.
- Hold this pose for as long as you feel comfortable, focusing on your breathing.